This article applies to the following scenario
- You are trying to install a new version of the Office (Outlook/Word) add-in,
- Error messages are showing and the add-ins are not functioning,
- The installer keeps asking for the MSI (attempting to uninstall the previous version)
1. Uninstalling the old add-ins
In order to install a new version of the add-ins, the old one must be removed first.
To remove them, from the Control Panel, locate and uninstall Outlook Practice Management Add-In, and Word Practice Management Add-in
Some earlier version of the add-in are a per-user installation, which means you must uninstall both the Word and Outlook add-ins, after having logged in as the same account you've used to install them in the past.
2. How to install the new add
You may install the new Outlook and Word add-ins through the Start menu, under the Legal Evolve Plus group.
Click on the add-in and its a simply Next, Next installation.
Note: They're simply shortcuts to installers located by default here:
Outlook: C:\Program Files (x86)\Documatics\LEPlus\Client\CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrarySetup
Word: C:\Program Files (x86)\Documatics\LEPlus\Client\CMSOfficeWordUniversalAddInLibrarySetup
Outlook: C:\Program Files (x86)\PracticeEvolve\Client\CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrarySetup
Word: C:\Program Files (x86)\PracticeEvolve\Client\CMSOfficeWordUniversalAddInLibrarySetup
Follow the prompt in the installation process
If you still cannot install the new add-ins even after you've confirmed there are no existing Add-In installations, follow these steps:
- Download MSIZap from Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290301
- Follow the Wizard to force uninstall the previous version of the add-in without the original MSI
- Attempt to install the add-in again
If you still experience difficulties, please contact support.