This article applies to the following:
- Configure your Remote Desktop Session (RDP) to pick up the dictation device connected to your local PC/Laptop.
- Configure Legal Evolve running in your Remote Desktop environment to point to your dictation device shared via remote desktop
1. Configure your remote desktop to pick up your local dictation device
You may require your IT provider's assistence to set up this connection for you.
1. Open your remote destktop connection settings by right-clicking and selecting 'Edit'. Click on the local resources tab.
2. Click on the “More” button shown at the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Select the drive letter or your dictation device you would like to share with your Remote Desktop Connection. In this example I am only going to share my D drive.
4. Click OK and Connect to launch your remote system.
Your dictation device letter should now appear on your remote session like below.
2. Configure Legal Evolve to pick up your local dictation device that has now been shared via remote desktop
1. Legal Evolve Plus users - Click on the Evolve icon on the top left and go to Tools > Evolve Platform Options. Evolve users - go to Tool->Options.
2. In the pop-up menu, click on the "Dictation" tab. If you do not see a 'Dictation' tab please contact the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete this step for you.
3. Place the path (Drive letter) to your shared dictation device into the 'Locations' field. Each path folder should be separate by ;
In a remote desktop scenario these differ from the local configuration.
Philips Dictation Device: Instead of D:\ it would be \\tsclient\D\
Olympus Dictation Device Instead of D:\DSS_FLDA it would be \\tsclient\D\DSS_FLDA