This article applies to the following scenario:
- Third Party dictation Philips hardware model DPM 6000
- Change your Philips DPM 6000 to record in DSS SP (DSS) to support playback with Transcription Buddy
- These guidelines are an extract taken from the DPM 6000 user guide
New Philips device are automatically set to record in DS2 or DSS LP which is not supported by the player Transcription Buddy. How to change your Philips DPM 6000 to record in DSS SP to support playback with Transcription Buddy
1. Click Menu
2. Move using the +/- button to get to 'Record'->'Profile'->'Personal'->'Recording Quality'
3. With 'Recording quality' you should select 'DSS SP'
4. Click 'OK' to save.
Important Note: Any dictations that have already been recorded as 'DSS QP' can not be played via Transcription Buddy. A free mini player is available from Olympus to play these dictations. Please refer to scenario 5. on our FAQ Troubleshooting Dictation Issues on this free player.