If Outlook or Word keeps deactivating an add-in, you should first of all try
- Re-enabling the add-in
- Change the load behavior of the add-in
- Uninstall & reinstall the given add-in
- The third option is to change the registry setting for Outlook/Word that disables add-ins. We recommend this should only be carried out by an IT provider.
Follow these steps to activate the add-in (The example below applies to Outlook but the same can be carried out for Word):
1. Exit Outlook and uninstall the given Outlook add-in using the Microsoft tool below
2. Reinstall the Add-in and retest
If the above does not work the Registry will have to be edited manually:
3. Open your Windows registry (run regedit.exe) and locate the following registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Resiliency (replace 15.0 with your actual Outlook version: 15.0 means Outlook 2013, 14.0 means Outlook 2010, 13.0 means Outlook 2007, etc) – remove the REG_BINARY keys found in DisabledItems and CrashingAddinList:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins – remove the keys that refer to your troubled Outlook add-in. If you want to fix the Evolve Outlook add-in, remove the entry named CMSOfficeOutlookUniversalAddInLibrary.AddinModule.
3. Reinstall the related Outlook add-in and restart Outlook: it should be loading fine now, without being listed as an inactive add-in.
When the above didn't work, in some instances manually removing the add-in from Outlook and manually re-adding it again has worked.
1. In Outlook go to the File tab and select Options
2. Click on the Add-Ins option on the Options screen and you will see that the Evolve add-in (which shows as CMSOfficeUniversalAddInLibrary) is under the Inactive Application Add-ins or Disabled Application Add-ins
INACTIVE APPLICATION ADDINS
3. If the CMSOfficeUniversalAddinLibrary is under Inactive Application Add-ins click on Go at the bottom of the screen
4. Highlight the CMSOfficeUniveralAddInLibrary and select 'Remove'
5. Now click 'Add..' and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Practice Evolve\Outlook Practice Management Addin - and select 'adxloader.dll' or 'adxloader64.dll' if your install of MS Office is 64bit. If you pick the wrong one, Outlook will tell you on screen, so pick the other one if that happens.