This article applies to:
- Using the Olympus Transcription Module along side Legal Evolve
- How to set the default application for dictations to be the Olympus player that works with a foot pedal
When using the Olympus Transcription software alongside Legal Evolve the default application for opening dictations needs to be set to the Olympus player.
How to set the default application for dictation playback:
1. Firstly make sure you have installed the Olympus Transcription Module.
2. Go to Start->Control Panel->Programs->Make a file type always open in a specific program.
3. Select the file types for dictation, in this case DSS and DS2. Each will have to be selected individually and changed via the 'Change Program..' button on the top right of the screen.
3. Choose the application, Dssole.exe, in the following location as your default program.
Now when you open a dictation in Evolve is will open with the Olympus player that works with a foot pedal.