This article applies to:
- Configuring a new foot pedal in Transcription Buddy
- Re-configuring a foot pedal that may have stopped working
1. Open a dictation in Evolve or go to Start-> and search for Transcription Buddy
2. Once Transcription Buddy is open go to 'View'->'Options'
3. Go to 'Foot Control' on the left hand side and tick 'Enable Foot Control'. If this does not automatically open the foot control Wizard, click on the 'Foot Control Wizard' button.
4. The Foot Control Wizard will open. Click 'Next', 'Next' until you come to the screen below. Click 'Start' to set up the foot pedal.
- You will be prompted to press and release each pedal - left, middle and right.
5. Your foot pedal is now configured.
Note: If you see the message below there is an issue with the foot pedal or the connection to the PC. See Troubleshooting Dictation
By default the right pedal is set to fast-forward if you would like to play your dictations with the right pedal follow these steps:
1. In Transcription Buddy and go to View -> Options -> Foot Control
2. Select 'Set Pedal Functions' from the menu on the right.
3. Click one of the following two options to set the right pedal to play.
Foot Control options explained:
This dialog lets you assign functions for each pedal of your foot control and enables you to control the playback of sound data.