This article applies to the following scenario:
- You use Active Directory Domain Services to log into Windows
- You would like to use Windows Authentication to log into Evolve PLUS ONLY.
- Evolve version 3.9 or higher
To utilise Windows Authentication within Evolve, you will need the following:
- Active Directory Domain Services to be set up for the firm
- A User Principal Name (UPN) needs to be to be assigned to all users
Once the Above requirements are met, you can map a UPN to a PracticeEvolve user by going to "Management > Users and Groups" and selecting a user to be logged in with Windows Authentication.
In the User card, untick the "Internal Authentication" checkbox, tick the "Windows Authentication" checkbox and enter the user's UPN:
After clicking OK, the user will be able to authenticate by clicking on the "Login with my Windows Account" option the next time they run the Evolve software.